When it comes to skincare, most companies market their products in sets. For example, a simple set may contain a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer, while more elaborate sets may also include specialized products designed to treat acne or signs of aging. When it comes to skincare, many women struggle with choosing a regimen which is right for them. In this post, I will address the 5 most common concerns regarding skincare systems.
1. Skincare sets can be so expensive, and I really only like one product.
- Any claim a skincare set makes only applies if you use the entire set! For example, if 87% of women saw improvement in fine lines and wrinkles with skincare system X, don't expect to get the same results if you only use some of the products in that system.
2. I know I'm not going to use all these products. I'm lucky if I take my makeup off at night!
-This is something I frequently struggle with. I know I shouldn't sleep with my makeup on, but sometimes I'm just too tired to deal with it. There are many ways you can create better skincare habits without buying expensive new products. Let's start small; if you struggle to remove your makeup at night, you might want to keep a package of makeup wipes in your nightstand. That way, you can grab a wipe and remove your makeup easily right before going to bed. Once you get into the habit of removing your makeup, try introducing other products into your routine.
3. I want to start taking better care of my skin, but have no idea where to start!
-When you don't know a lot about skincare products, it can be very easy to get talked into buying something you don't need. Any effort you make into taking better care of your skin is a step in the right direction, so don't feel pressured to buy something extravagant right off the bat. Think about how you currently take care of your skin, and what you realistically could add to that. Maybe you want to start using products that prevent signs of aging. This could be as simple as finding a moisturizer with SPF in it. Someone who genuinely wants to help you take care of your skin will listen to your concerns and help you find the right system for you.
4. I don't want to commit to one skincare system, when I can just go to the drugstore and buy a variety of cheaper products.
- This is another issue I've often struggled with. If you follow my Facebook page, you've seen how many different drugstore skincare products I have purchased in the past! The problem is, while the drugstore moisturizer may only cost $5, you might end up hating it. Not only is that $5 wasted, but now you have to buy a new product too. Also, when you mix and match brands, you have to keep in mind those products were not formulated to work together. Think about Coca Cola and Mentos. These are both great products by themselves, but when combined, you get an intense chemical reaction.
5. I've tried skincare sets before and they never do what they claim!
- Many people get excited about new products, but give up on them before they've given them a fair shot. Not only does it take 21 days to build a habit, but it also takes some time for you to see an improvement in your skin. In order to properly evaluate whether a particular skincare system works for you, you should use all the products everyday for about a month. For example, although it can seem like blemishes just pop up overnight, they are actually forming for a while before you notice them. So if you start using an acne treatment but are still getting blemishes, it could be because they were already forming before you started the treatment, and not because your product isn't working.
I hope this post addressed some of your concerns about skincare sets, and if not, please feel free to ask a question in the comments!
I've never been good at keeping a journal, but I've always wanted to. I hope you enjoy my sporadic posts about beauty, fitness/health, and various other topics.
Check out more product reviews on influenster. Click the badge above to be redirected to my profile!